Sunday, June 1, 2014

Beautiful theme for GNOME shell for Fedora

I just got bored using the same interface. So I planned to change the interface. I downloaded KDE desktop but it is complicated. I am not able to understand the interface. For each and every option I watched YouTube video to find out how it works. Eventually I shifted back to GNOME which is simple and handy. I came to know that themes can be installed to make my home screen look beautiful. I tried many themes and the best of all is Night Blues V2 theme.

Download Night Blues V2

Night Blues theme comes with quick controls for brightness, lock screen and power off.
To install this theme your GNOME version should be above 3.10 and above. To check your GNOME version use following command in Terminal.

gnome-shell --version

The above command will show you the GNOME version.

How to install:

For any modification you make in appearance you need two extenstions.

  • User-Theme-Extension
  • gnome-tweak-tool
To install the above two extension, open terminal and write the below two command one after the other.
  • yum install gnome-tweak-tool -y
  • yum install gnome-shell-extension* -y
 Once the installation gets completed successfully, use terminal and write gnome-tweak-tool to open it. Click on theme and then locate the download theme file. To locate the theme, use the button written as none. 

No comments:

Post a Comment