Sunday, June 22, 2014

Fedora 19 internet not working - How to solve?

I got network problem when I transferred to new home. Everything was fine before. Now, my laptop running Fedora 19 detects Wi-Fi network but I was not able to access internet. The sad thing is I was able to access internet in my Windows Phone. I tried router reset but nothing gave me hand. So I decided to configure the file manually. But the solution was very simple than I imagined.

What are the possible issue

You need to know there are two type of configuration in router
  • Dynamic
  • Static
My router is dynamic configured. Don't bother about how find either your router is dynamic or static. It is not a big deal. I am going to give you two command, either of a command will do a magic for you.

Troubleshooting 1

Open your Terminal and write the following command as given in the image.


Command - sudo dhclient -v 

If the above command doesn't work switch to root user and try below one.
Command - dhclient -v

Troubleshooting 2

This is for static ip users. For this you need to know router ip address. To find that you need to check your router manual. If you follow the manual you will be able to figure out it. You can also find it using the following command.

Now use that ip in following command.
In the first command write Router Ip as I mentioned in previous image. The p9p1is name given to your ethernet card. Let it be the same as it is the default.  In my case
x=1
y=1

I am comparing with Router ip.

In the second command, replace z with 0.
x=1
z=0


No comments:

Post a Comment